The CTL team believes that:
- Teaching facilitates connections with appropriate content and resources to invite and nurture learning (link to learning principles)
- Effective teaching encourage the development of critical and independent thought to create scholars and citizens (link to teaching principles)
- Teaching and learning should be collaborative and interactive
- Learning occurs both inside and outside of the classroom
- Teaching should be intentionally designed, evidence-based and peer evaluated
- Teaching should be equally valued with research
The CTL team:
- Encourages and assists in creating an environment where beneficial and purposeful learning can occur
- Facilitates open exchange of knowledge, ideas, practices and resources
- Provides opportunities and resources for critical reflection and scholarly dialogue on effective teaching, course design and student assessment.
- Works with our partners to ensure that instructional technology is used thoughtfully to enhance student learning.
- Supports the creation of inclusive teaching strategies that respond to a diverse and changing student population.
- Ensures that teaching and learning take place in a culture of research and scholarship
- Promotes and supports the recognition and rewarding of teaching excellence
- Fosters a university culture of quality teaching and engaged learning
- Supports and participates in strategic University initiatives whose goal is the enhancement of teaching and learning.
- Maintains rapport with other teaching and learning centres