Things to Consider
Prior to using an assessment strategy
- What instrument will best perform the assessment?
- What are the criteria for competence or completion?
- What performance scale will be used to evaluate the participant?
- Why am I using this particular type of assessment?
- Why am I assessing the students at this time? (Productive use of time?)
- What do I expect to learn about the students as a result of this assessment procedure?
- What do I want the students to learn from this assessment activity?
- Does this assessment consider the objectives?
- Have I adequately prepared my students for this type of assessment procedure?
- Have I planned for time to do follow-up activities after the assessment?
After using the assessment strategy
- Did the students understand what was asked of them on the assessment?
- Do the results indicate that the students were prepared for this type of assessment activity?