Faculty SoTL Presentations
- A. Offenwanger, Y. Lucet. ConEE: An Exhaustive Testing Tool to Support Learning Concurrent Programming Synchronization Challenges, May 2014
- Using a Video Screencast to Enhance Student Comprehension of Feedback. UBC Okanagan Learning Conference, May, 2015.
- Incorporating best practices in the use and design of games for the beginning Japanese language classroom: an instructor’s perspective. UBC Vancouver, February, 2015
- Screencast feedback for writing assignments in a beginning Japanese language class. Fukuoka, Japan. August 2014.
- March 2015: UBCO Research Week: Seminar on “Generic Problem-Solving Skills of Undergraduate Students on UBC Okanagan Campus”
- February, 2015: The Learning and Teaching Centre, British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT). A seminar on problem-based learning in a large undergraduate classroom setting: method and outcomes.
- May-June, 2014: Appointed as Visiting Associate Professor by Riga Stradins University, Latvia to consult on various strategies of teaching innovation and scholarship of teaching; presented a lecture and workshop on problem-based learning in the university setting.
- March, 2014: The Teaching and Learning Centre, Simon Fraser University. A seminar on problem-based learning in a large undergraduate classroom setting: method and outcomes.
- March 2014: UBCO Research Week: Invited by UBCO Centre for Teaching and Learning. A seminar on “Outcomes of teaching innovation”.
- September, 2013: Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Latvia. Demonstration of problem-based learning techniques during a three week period (3 classes) in a 3rd year pharmacy class.
- September, 2013: The Faculty of Medicine, University of Latvia. A seminar on “Innovation in teaching”.
- May, 2013: The UBC Carl Wieman Science Education Initiative. A seminar on methodologies used to assess effectiveness of team-based teaching strategies: “Assessing student problem-solving skills”.
- March, 2013, UBCO Research Week: A seminar on methodologies used in educational research: “Evidence-based teaching outcomes”.
- May, 2010: Department of Pharmacology, University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia. A seminar on use of problem-based learning in large science undergraduate classes.
- A seminar at the University of Calgary Teaching and Learning Centre: “Tutorless Problem-Based Learning (PBL) in a Large Classroom Setting: Assessing Student Progress”, November 2011.
- UBC Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology in Vancouver. A seminar on “Tutorless Problem-Based Courses: Assessing Student Progress”, September 2011.
- Klegeris, A., Hurren, H., McKeown, S., Spielman, L.J., Stuart, M. The dynamics of problem-solving skills of undergraduate students at UBC Okanagan campus. UBC Centre for Health Education Scholarship Conference, Vancouver, Canada, October 2014.
- Klegeris A., Hurren, H., Bahniwal, M. Problem-based teaching in large classrooms: assessing student learning outcomes. UBC Okanagan Campus, 9th Annual Learning Conference; Enhancing Student Learning, May 2013, Kelowna, BC.
- Bahniwal, M., Klegeris A., Hurren, H. Use of diverse instructional and assessment techniques reveals distinct student skill sets. UBC Okanagan Campus, 8th Annual Learning Conference; Scholarly Approaches: Evidence-Informed Teaching and Learning, May 2012, Kelowna, BC.
- Klegeris, A. Problem-based learning in a large classroom setting: assessing student learning and perception. UBC Okanagan Learning Conference “Innovations in Learning: Scholarship of Teaching and Learning”, May 2011, Kelowna, BC.
- Klegeris, A. Developing undergraduate research skills through problem based learning. UBC Okanagan Learning Conference “Learning through Research”, May 2010, Kelowna, BC.
- Boon, J., Klegeris, A. Problem-oriented learning put into practice in biochemistry courses at UBC Okanagan. UBC Okanagan Learning Conference “Looking for Success in Learning”, May 2009, Kelowna, BC.