Curriculum Review / Development / Renewal at UBCO
The CTL supports a learning outcomes-based self-study program review.
The CTL can assist/facilitate/guide curriculum development initiatives for any faculty/department. This may include:
- curriculum visioning – matching goals of the program with student outcomes
- curriculum review – analysis of current curriculum in light of future vision (offerings and sequencing)
- curriculum innovation – renewing curriculum along a current theme or trend
- curriculum development – planning a solid curriculum based on foundational objectives with students, faculty and society in mind
Potential Goals of Curriculum Renewal:
- Evaluating learning outcomes
- Enhance curriculum offerings
- Measure program quality
- Prepare for accreditation
Curriculum renewal requires a substantial investment of time. The CTL will assist in whatever ways it can to make it an evidence-based process that will serve the students and faculty of UBCO into the future.