- October 2023 | Newsletter
- Academic Director’s October Update – Increasing Student EngagementThis article discusses techniques for increasing student engagement to improve student learning outcomes. Students acquire knowledge most effectively when they are genuinely interested in the subject matter. The key to cultivating this interest lies in making the course material relevant, personalized, and engaging. If you take a moment to reflect on your own learning experiences, […]
- September 2023 | Newsletter
- Accommodating Late Student ArrivalsIf a student in your class contacts you that they cannot arrive until after the start of classes, what might you do to accommodate their late arrival? Due to the wildfire situation in the Okanagan, some students may be unable to arrive until sometime during the first week or two of classes. This is particularly true […]
- Academic Director’s September Update – Starting the Academic YearThe article highlights the importance of flexibility and accommodation in the wake of the Okanagan fires as the academic year begins. It also discusses the impact of AI, particularly ChatGPT, on students and instructors in the context of learning and assessment. As we stand on the threshold of another academic year set to commence in […]
Events Feed – List View
We provide opportunities to connect faculty and graduate students with colleagues in training and professional development programs.
We host workshops and events for instructors and teaching assistants, and provide nomination support for teaching awards and recognition.